At last, we have a new homepage design! BarkleyREI presented us with four design concepts, which we quickly narrowed to two concepts that were selected for further modification.
The designs were tested with three focus groups: (1) current students, (2) alumni, and (3) faculty and staff. The chosen design was the near unanimous favorite of our student and alumni focus groups.
Features of New Homepage Design
- Clean, traditional design that utilizes the Davidson red and black colors
- Large, very visual featured content area focused on key themes and messaging
- News and events area shown “above the fold” so will be easily viewable on smaller monitors
- Callout area for important college initiatives. In the example, the callout area is represented by “The Arts” and “The Davidson Trust”
- A social media streaming scroll, which pulls content from the college’s social media sites
- Super footer with commonly accessed links
- Drop-down navigation with an optional featured content area within the navigation area
- Internal college audiences have been combined under a single Inside Davidson link, which is noted with a “lock” noting authentication is required
Responsive Design for Tablet and Mobile Devices
Home Page Design Gallery