Staff from BarkleyREI, the college’s Web redesign partner, will be on campus March 27-28 to host two days of Web redesign input sessions (aka listening sessions). BarkleyREI will lead each listening session and moderate the discussion.
Web Redesign Listening Sessions
Tuesday, March 27
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. (Common Hour) – Faculty Session – Location: 900 Room
- 2-3 p.m. – Faculty and Staff Session – Location: 900 Room
- 5-6 p.m. – Student Session – Location: Sprinkle Room
Wednesday, March 28
- 9-10 a.m. – Faculty and Staff Session – Location: 900 Room
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – Faculty, Staff, and Student Session – Location: Sprinkle Room
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Doug Minor, director of digital communications, at 894-2539 or email@example.com.
As part of the “official” kick-off of the site-wide redesign project, several staff from BarkleyREI will be on campus February 28-29 for two days of discovery and research. BarkleyREI will meet with staff from offices across campus in an effort to get to know the college, discuss offline communication and marketing initiatives and strategic priorities, identify challenges and opportunities with our current Web presence, and what is and is not working with the CMS, Inside Davidson and other digital efforts.
BarkleyREI is scheduled to meet with College Relations, Admission and Financial Aid, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, the President, College Communications, Information Technology, Athletics, Center for Civic Engagement, Office of the Chaplain, the library and a student group. In addition to their meetings, BarkleyREI staff will participate in a student-led campus tour.
BarkelyREI will be back on campus at the end of March for two days of open format sessions open to faculty, staff, and students. Watch Inside Davidson and The Crier for dates and times.
We are pleased to show off the new Davidson homepage, which will launch sometime in late January or early February 2012. The “refreshed” homepage will serve as an interim homepage until the site-wide redesign project is completed in the next 12-18 months.
As noted in a previous blog post, we had specific objectives in mind for the design and functionality of the homepage. With that, we were limited in scope to working with the same information architecture and color palette so as to avoid introducing any new usability issues for visitors navigating from the top page to interior pages.
New Homepage Features
- New drop navigation at the top of the page allowing visitors to more quickly get to content on top-level pages
- Large background image that provides a sense of place of the Davidson campus
- Featured-content area at the top of the page that will allow us to present multimedia elements, including videos and photo galleries
- Callout area that will allow us to present important announcements
- Tabbed area that presents news, events, blogs, podcasts and social media feeds
- Super footer that lists many commonly accessed links